Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Fiscal Cliff, What a Circus



Having watched the GOP leadership the past year I had scant hope that they would get some solid spending cuts.  I’m so disappointed that they didn’t get any cuts.  Apparently the GOP leadership is totally incompetent. 

Since they mishandled this “Fiscal Cliff” so badly I really don’t expect much headway on America’s real problem; spending.  I believe a big part of the problem is that the GOP leadership isn’t much interested in the getting the debt under control.  It seems they enjoy spending our money as much as Obama does.  I get the feeling that they are more concerned with keeping their power rather than keeping to the unpopular GOP principles. 

While I hope to be surprise in a couple of months I fully expect America’s debt to continue to spiral out of control.  I really don’t expect Moody’s downgrading threat to make any difference.  Frankly I don’t know what it’s going to take to make Washington and the American people to take this seriously.  I’m certainly open to any ideas to get our GOP leaders to make the hard decisions and to effectively communicate just how dire our situation is to the American people. 

No comments: