Monday, October 31, 2005

Harriet Miers & Judge Samuel Alito

I didn't jumped in and make any comment on Harriet Miers because I was willing to wait and see what she said at her confirmation hearing. It was her 1993 speech that turned me. It was a speech of a liberal. She resigned before I had a chance to make any comments. Rats!

Listening to the President, talk radio and pundits I was struck by the difference in how Miers and Alito were introduced to the public.

Harriet Miers: Elected Dallas City Council; served in high levels of state and federal government; leader in ABA; first women to..(4 times); Lottery commission and Meals on Wheels.

Judge Samuel Alito: Clerked in federal court; federal prosecutor; US Attorney, District of New Jersey; argued cases before Supreme Court, participated and authored hundreds of appeals, expert on constitutional law and 15 years as Judge on the Court of Appeals.

OK, I'm not the smartest banana in the bunch, but even I can tell who is the better qualified.

No comments: