Monday, October 01, 2007

Hillary Clinton's Baby Bonds

Whew! What a relief! These poll numbers on the Ms Clinton's "Baby Bond" proposal (60-27 against) are comforting. I was wondering if people were really interested in getting more "free" money from the Government without wondering how the Government got the money.
"I like the idea of giving every baby born in America a $5,000 account that will grow over time so that when that young person turns 18, if they have finished high school they will be able to access it to go to college, or maybe they will be able to put a down payment on their first home, or go into business."

What I don't understand is why she thinks everyone is entitle to have this money given to them. I worked my way through college. While I had some scholarships, grants and loans, I also worked. One year I had 3 part-time jobs. When I finally got a real salary I started saving my money. It took me 7 years but I had my down payment for my house. I thought working hard to get through college and saving your money for a house was what a person was suppose to do. There is no way that I'm going to let these kids be given a college education or a house on my hard work. Let them work for it themselves, just like everyone else has.

No comments: