Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Coffee Drinkers Rejoice!

Hallelujah!

Drinking lots of coffee cut women's risk of developing diabetes in an 11-year study, researchers report. But it was the antioxidants, not caffeine, in the brew that probably did the trick.

Adjusting for those risk factors, the researchers found that women who drank more than six cups a day of any type of coffee were 22 percent less likely to develop type 2 diabetes, the kind that occurs in adult life, compared to those who avoided coffee

Finally, one of my bad habits has been declared good for me! No more lying about how much coffee I'm actually drinking. I'm going to proudly slurp through my 6 cups of coffee. Every cup I nurse will bring me comfort knowing that I am lowering my risk of diabetes. Viva Juan Valdez!

No comments: