Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Celebrating Earth Day

I enjoy hiking, bird watching, wildflowers and trees. I love nature and abhor the trash that people just throw out. Years ago I considered myself an environmentalist, but not any more. Why? Because environmentalism has become a socio-political movement that seeks to control people. It's no longer about science and being a good steward of the earth. It has become a smokescreen for people wanting to expand government and exercise power. It is now rooted in a disdain for personal freedom and capitalism. Environmentalists are going to be relying on mandates, restrictions and a whole slew of legislation to control people. Environmentalism is the new Marxism.
Anyway, I just had to get that out. But we should celebrate with some humor. Here's George Carlin on Earth Day.

No comments: