Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Cup is Half Full

Doug Thompson nicely explains why I voted for annual legislative sessions.
Adjusting to too much in state tax collection was bad enough. Now the economy’s going to pot. Adjusting to too little won’t be fun. Another session in 2010 will come in handy. The new law requires every other session to focus just on budget matters. It’s hard to argue against giving more focus to budget matters.

I'm constantly monitoring my budget especially now that the Democrat's economic manipulation has caused an economic disaster. My budget is a minuscule fraction of Arkansas's budget but I think they should devote the same time and effort I do.
As for Doug's bitching about having to drive more often to Little Rock, it's call job security. Newspapers are laying people off in droves so Doug should be thanking Eric for the extra work. Heck, after awhile Doug may be able to ask for a raise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how much of the economic collapse is due to the Democrats continuing to drive us deeper in debt?

As I have mentioned several times,the money for all these programs has to come from some place. There is not enough money in the world to pay for them (no matter what sources are used) and we all know what happens to an economy when the government prints enormous quantities of money to pay for their spending.

Peoria Glass Cutting said...

Nice bloog you have