Wednesday, February 01, 2006

President's State of the Union Speech

The President's speech was good. Most of what he said was pretty much what I expected. The National Security part was very good. I did like his stab at protectionism and isolationism. When he got to the domestic issues it kinda slowed down. I didn't like his comment on energy. That we were "addicted to oil". I don't think we are addicted to oil. We are too chicken and lazy to take on the leftist environmental wackos. It's so much easier to get it from other nations then to get back control over our own oil.

The most intriguing part of the speech was watching the reactions of the Democrats. Didn't they know that what they were doing spoke volumes? When the President called for the reauthorization of the Patriot Act, Republicans stood and cheered, the Democrats sat and sucked lemons. When the President defended the terrorist surveillance program, "because we will not sit back and wait to be hit again", the Republicans stood and cheered, the Democrats sat and smirked. Congratulations Democrats! You have just reinforced America's perception that you will do nothing to keep America safe. Security in the number ONE issue for Americans and you're on the wrong side.

The one time the Democrats stood and cheered while the Republicans sat; the defeat of Social Security reform. Why in the hell are you cheering? You twits just cheered your success at keeping Social Security insolvent! What a bunch of idiots! Hey, you're safe with your congressional retirement plan and won't need Social Security, but the rest of us haven't got such a cushy plan. I'm not going to get Social Security. I'm going to have to work until I'm 70/75 yrs old. When elections come around I'm going to remember who screwed me.

No comments: