Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Illegal's Rally, Voter Registration

An article in the newspaper reported on the voter registration drive at the rally. It said that only 35 people had registered. I contacted the Washington County Voter Registration and asked about those registrations. I was told that they will check their social security numbers and driver's license. I asked if it were possible for people to give fake S.S numbers and driver's license. I was told yes, but hopefully they'd be able to catch it because the names may not match. I was told because of the Motor Voter law they can no longer ask for verification of citizenship. They are hoping that the threat of a $10,000 fine and/or 10 yrs in prison would deter illegals from registering. The woman at the office was extremely nice and helpful. Since I'm curious about these registrations I told her I'd follow up with her later.

No comments: