Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Brrrr! I'm a bit disappointed. I keep hoping for a white Christmas. Fortunately there was a hard freeze and the frost appears almost white. It feels like Christmas. I let the cats out as soon as it was light. The little buggers wanted in after only a few minutes outside.
All the Christmas shopping is done, I got all the cards out in time and all the Christmas goodies I baked are out of the house. I get to relax and enjoy myself.
I pick this up from Rita and decided to join the fun.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Wrapping paper for family or it's going to unwrapped at Christmas. Bags, if it's opened as soon as I give it. Mostly used at work.

2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial, real is too messy and I hate cleaning.

3. When do you decorate? Thanksgiving weekend.

4. When do you take decorations down? New Years Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely! Especially with a dash of rum.

6. Favorite gift you received as a child? Mmmm. We didn't have much money growing up so presents so few. I mostly remember the stockings. They were fill with nuts, oranges and chocolate candy. Treats we rarely got.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yup, it's one of the first things I unpack.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My mother. It seems like she has everything she needs or wants.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My co-workers. Food always works.

10. Mail or email Christmas Cards? Mail. It's like sending a Christmas present. They get the pleasure of opening it.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, I have received some that I've not been able to use.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Mmmm. The ones I probable watch every year is "Scrooge" and "It's a Wonderful Life"

13. When do you start shopping? I start picking up gifts and decorations at the craft fairs in October.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. If it's a gift that I'm not going to be using I'll pass it on to some one who will.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Walnut Puffs and Hot & Spicy Pecans.

16. Clear or colored light? Definitely clear!

17. Favorite Christmas Song? "O Holy Night" and "Carol of the Bells"

18. Travel at Christmas? No, stay home, play carols, eat and build a fire.

19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeers? I have a hard time trying to remember people I've just met.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or Morning? Christmas morning with music and a good cup of coffee.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People trying to eliminate the meaning and symbols of Christmas.

23. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? I am always grateful for the gift of Jesus in my life.

24. What would you like for Christmas? A travel trailer.

No comments: