Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Want ...

There are a lot of things that I would like to have. I won't bore you with a list because you probably have one similar to it. It's nice to have this kind of list because occasionally you may get something from it, but not before your need list is satisfied. I think Mayor Jordan needs to be reminded that needs are to be taken care of first before we start looking at wants.
Mayor Lioneld Jordan has a dream: universal Internet access throughout the city of Fayetteville.

Mayor Jordan has often talked about these needs. The City of Fayetteville currently has a hiring freeze and the employees last year got a bonus instead of a pay raise. We need more police and fireman in addition to their equipment. Mayor Jordan has chaired the Street Committee and there is always moaning about the lack of money. I'm sure every City Department has a list of needs that are more important than having Internet access. I think the Mayor Jordan should look to scale down his dream, maybe have Internet access at City Hall and the Town Center.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see on your desk:

A Patriot's History of the United States: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror

Great book! I liked how it didn't spare criticism for Republican's poor record on conservative fiscal policy. History teaches us to not make the same mistakes. I hope we learn something from it.