Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Arkansas, After the Elections

Well, the election results were not what I wanted. Given what the political pundits and polls were saying I expected things not to go well for Republicans, but still one hopes. Republicans are rarely elected in Arkansas, but we worked really hard to get our people in office. While I'm disappointed that we did not win I had a good time working for the Party. I've met some truly wonderful people trying to do the best for Arkansas. I particular enjoyed meeting Jim Lagrone. He is a wonderful guy and I appreciated his tireless efforts to change the way the elections are run in Arkansas. I would support him again in any election.
For now, nothing changes for Arkansas. It is still ruled by one party. A party which continues to keep Arkansas one of the poorest states. The Democrat leadership will continue to spend money on themselves and their "friends" while continuing to tax Arkansans into poverty.

No comments: