Thursday, December 27, 2007

Changing the Bus Ride

Man, I am so jealous! I wish I had been able to surf the Internet and work on school work while I was riding the bus.
"I’ve been riding the bus since I was in kindergarten, up to one-and-a-half hours each way," (Ethan) Clement said. "Until this program, I never really thought about it. It was the daily routine.
" But we were wasting time sitting here. This could be an opportunity for everyone. Why waste your time on the bus, looking out on the same road you’ve looked out at every day ?" Like Clement, Zack Wilson, a 10 th-grader, is taking online Advanced Placement biology.

I can so identify with the guys. I hated having to spend 2 hrs a day on the awful bus. I hope that more buses get equipped with the Internet so kids that have to ride long distances don't have to just waste their time.

No comments: