Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bad Morning in Arkansas, Tornados and Ice

I woke up to the news of a number of people kill by tornados in Arkansas. Wow, NW Arkansas missed that bullet! Just before I left for work I noticed that it was snowing and that some areas were iced over. I knew that I'd have to be careful over the bridges on the way to work. The first bridge I come to over I-540 had 3 vehicles that had slid into each other. While sitting on the bridge I could see the emergency lights on both sides of the freeway and no traffic on the south-bound lanes. Fortunately I'm heading north and I wasn't delayed much. The last 2 bridges I crossed also had wrecks on them. This is the 3rd time this winter we've had tons of accidents when it freezes. I wonder why people keep having accidents. Haven't they learned to drive very slowly over those bridges?

No comments: