Thursday, February 07, 2008

Still Not Buying McCain

Wow, what a week for the Republican party. Mitt Romney bows out and we are left with John McCain. Well, I must give McCain a little bit of credit for attending CPAC and making a small attempt to bring in the Conservatives. But really, you just can't really trust him. He has spent the last 8 years spitting at the Republican Party and actively working against it. He's got a really big mountain to climb before he convinces me to vote for him. While he may have swayed some people over, my own view is that actions will speak louder than his words.
I am not among those who will vote for whomever the Republican nominee happens to be. While I understand that no candidate is perfect, I am not about to surrender my principles and values based on fear mongering or political expediency.

No comments: