Sunday, October 19, 2008

Craft Fairs, War Eagle and Bella Vista

I took time this week to go to a couple of fairs. What a beautiful day! The weather was perfect, cool and sunny. War Eagle was as crowded as ever. I also hit the Bella Vista fair. This one is very similar to what the Applegate Fair was like. I am not going to go 100 miles to go to it's new location at Mulberry Mountain, especially since there are so many fairs closer to home.

I stopped by Lori Ellyn's pottery booth. I like her work and I have several pieces of her work. Unfortunately, she had a large platter that looked exactly like Eli so I had to get it. She had a new line of pots that looked cute, but I had already spent too much money.

There were a few new items this year. A lot of the time you start seeing the same old things and you wonder if it's worth it to keep coming to the fairs. The one thing I didn't see were primitive Christmas ornaments. I decorate my Christmas tree with them and I usually am able to purchase several. I may have to go to the Christmas fairs to pick some more up for my collection. Shopping was successful. I stayed on budget and purchased most of my Christmas presents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you must have gotten to War Eagle early. When we got arrived, there were hundreds of people walking around.

Valerie said...

Yup, it's the only way to do it. Get there really early and shop with a few hundred people vs thousands.