Monday, December 05, 2005

Recovering

I reviewed my Friday post and was amazed at all the errors. I must have been really tired. Which is probably why I spent most of Saturday sleeping. I didn't really intend to, it was such a nice day. My body protested and forced me to sleep. I felt much better on Sunday. Although I still had problems eating.
I've manage to finished reading a book. Michael Crichton's State of Fear. It's a good adventure story. He has put in a lot of good data on the myth of global warming. I found the most intriguing part to be a discussion between one of the main characters, Peter Evens, and a professor.
The professor states:
The requirement of every sovereign state is to exert control over the behavior of its citizens, to keep them orderly and reasonable docile. Social control is best managed through fear. Pgs 454-455

The professor said we use to have the fear of nuclear war, the Communist Menace, the Iron Curtain. With the fall of the Berlin Wall we no longer have that fear. It needed to be replaced. Enter the environmental crisis. We had the Kyoto Agreement and Al Gore screaming about a deepening global climate crisis. That all changed with 9/11. We now fear terrorism.
As a Christian why should I fear anything? God is sovereign and God is good. I trust God with the control of the universe. I believe that God controls all things for my good. If God is working everything for my good why should I be afraid. So, I don't have to fear the future, the unknown.

No comments: