Monday, September 18, 2006

Asa Hutchinson, Health Care, Part II

Yeah, I know, it's about time I've finished this. I've just been a little busy.
From a news release

Expanding Access for Small Business
A) Promoting awareness of small business health insurance purchasing groups

In NW Arkansas these small businesses are everywhere. Within my neighborhood there are a handful a home-based businesses. It's really important that they can get insurance for themselves and their family members. Hopefully these home-based, self-employed people are also included.

Expanding Access for Rural Communities
D) Increase the Use of Mobile Health Clinics
I'd also like to suggest that these mobile clinics also make visits to homebound patients. Many patients have a difficult time getting out of their house.

Driving Innovation Through Technology, Reform, and New Thinking
B) Expand Health Care Savings Accounts

I really like these saving accounts. I'd like to see a big public education push on these. I don't think many people know about them.
C) Increase Arkansas' Medical Trauma Capability. Arkansas is the only state without a certified trauma center
I didn't know this. Why don't we?
the state must develop and implement a statewide trauma system that will allow the state to be more prepared to handle public health crises including epidemics, natural disasters and even acts of terrorism
I had assumed that especially after 9/11, the anthrax scare and Katrina, Arkansas would be better prepared. I'd think that this should be a major priority.

I wonder who helped develope this plan. There's some good stuff here.

No comments: