Sunday, March 25, 2007

Did John Edwards Do Right?

Strange that the Edwards's decision would be so controversial.
John and Elizabeth Edwards's announcement yesterday that her cancer has recurred and he is still running for president drew some emotional criticism

I agree more with Dean Barnett.
I CAN’T TELL YOU HOW BAD I FEEL FOR ELIZABETH AND JOHN EDWARDS. I’m familiar with the body-blow of a sudden diagnosis that turns your world upside down. It’s incredible – you walk into a doctor’s office and within a span of minutes you find out your life will never be the same. In the back of your mind you nourish the hopes of miracle cures or that you might be like that guy in Dubuque who got the same diagnosis but oddly enough lived forever, but the reality of the situation sits there in your mind. You can’t shake it – it just won’t leave.
But you try to carry on. I think I may know some of what the Edwards are feeling

While my bout with cancer at this time isn't life threatening, you never know. I, however, am not going to stop living my life to the fullest nor am I going to stop anything I want to do because of it. This touch of death has actually pulled me into living more. I think that is what Elizabeth Edwards is doing. She's going to live her life and dreams, that includes helping John run for President.

No comments: