Monday, July 02, 2007

My Evening Visitor

I had a visitor wash up to my doorstep, literal. A turtle who had taken shelter under the hostas got washed out by a big downpour this evening. Normally I would have let him be and let him walk off. However, this turtle had bunches of bandages taped to his back. Why did he have all this bandages on his shell? I took him inside and started to peel off the bandages. Oops! Now I know why he had them on. This turtle had met with a little accident that took a chunk of his shell. It didn't look like it hurt his body. I'm sure whoever put the bandages on thought they were doing a good thing, but they were all wet and dirty and the turtle could have gotten infected with bacteria or fungus. He's eating well so I don't think he's sick. I'll keep him around a few days to make sure he's OK, then I'll transport him somewhere away from populated areas.

No comments: