Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wedington Drive, Links and Woodstock Development

Well, both the Links and the Woodstock developments went through the Planning Commission. Woodstock is to go before the City Council, but will undoubtedly sail through. I did say something to the Commission about it. I'm particularly concerned that a 4 story commercial building is being put up right next to my house. In fact, just looking out my window now, I would be seeing a 4 story building. I know that it doesn't matter to the city how many neighbors don't want this development in the middle of their neighborhoods. People have complained about this kind of development before and the city still approves them.
Anyway, I've decided that it's time for me to move. There is just way too much development near me and I especially don't like the idea of people looking down into my house. I also don't want to deal with the traffic and noise of shops and stores. If I had wanted to live in a city, I would have stayed in L.A. I never planned on moving. I really like my house. I'm going through the emotional roller coaster people have when they lose some one or something. Anyway, it might take a year or so to swing it financially. By that time all the construction around here should be complete and it'll be easier to sell the house.

No comments: