Monday, July 30, 2007

A Non-Scientist Gets It

Ahhhh! It's refreshing to see an editorial question global warming and Al Gore's part in it.
My opinion of Al Gore, as you may have guessed by this time, would rank in the polls as “ below zero. ” Frankly, he is a fat, pompous gadfly (I had another term, but knew the editor would not like it ) who has found a peg to hang his career on — not withstanding the fact that he does not know what he is talking about, and has surrounded himself with people who also do not know what he is talking about.

Mr Terry may not be a scientist but he has sense enough to do a little looking and come to a conclusion that
If we were to follow Al Gore’s recommendations, we would literally have to stop mining and using coal, get rid of automobiles, and, in short, stop doing nearly anything you can think of except breathe. Stop the foolishness. I heard a truly imminent scientist the other day say that Gore’s predictions were both " foolish and dangerous. " The danger was in the fact that many people will believe his predictions.

I'm really glad that I'm seeing more people question the validity of global warming. In my whole life-time there have been a number of these "ecological disasters". Starting at the age of 9 when I went to "environmental camp", then there were the gas shortages, then global cooling, and then the disappearing ozone layer. There is always news of some new disaster looming, but they never occur.
I reject out of hand the cataclysmic predictions made by Gore and other pseudo-scientists, while admitting that there are some reputable scientists on his side. I just happen to believe they are wrong, as scientists often are.

Amen and Hallelujah!

No comments: