Monday, September 01, 2008

Geocaching Labor Day Weekend

What a great weekend I had! I took Friday off and spent most of the day in Devils Den hiking and doing some geocaching. One of the first thing I saw entering the park was this truck stuck on the corner. I had to cross into the ditch to get around it. It took them several hours to get it unstuck.
I took Casey with me because he enjoys running around while I'm looking for those caches. A number of really great caches have been placed in Devils Den the past week. I highly recommend any geocachers to look for them especially if you have children. There are a lot of trinkets in the caches for them.
Today I took a friend with her kids geocaching. They were so excited to find the caches and get a trinket. I took the opportunity to present them a Travel Bug in their name in appreciation for helping me when I sprained my ankle. They came over and mowed the lawn, weeded the flower beds and cleaned the house. I really hope their TB travels far and long.
Have you had a kindness shown? Pass it on; 'Twas not given for thee alone, Pass it on; Let it travel down the years, Let it wipe another's tears. Pass it on." -- Rev. Henry Burton

No comments: