Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fayetteville, Losing the Fireworks

Fayetteville is not the only city to cancel it's fireworks. Other cities are having to cut out their fireworks show. I understand the worry about firework displays being held in people's backyards. There is probably going to an increase in accidents. I just hope nothing serious. I'm not sure that Fayetteville will be able to put the fireworks back into the budget with the high gas and energy prices. I think that if Fayetteville got together with Springdale to share the costs there could be still be a big firework show in the area. A good suggestion for Parks and Recreation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a Springdale/Fayetteville joint fireworks display.

I can remember the fireworks at the mall, and that was a great place for it, until the development behind the mall put a stop to the show.

No fireworks on the 4th??? That is almost unpatriotic! lol