Sunday, November 06, 2005

Surgery


Boston Mnts.
Originally uploaded by vnbien.

I mentioned that I had surgery in the last post. It was the reason why I started blogging. In August I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. I had a hysterectomy in September. There was good news and bad news. The good news was that my cancer is a low grade tumor and my lymph nodes were clear. Bad news was that I had a micro metastases to one of my ovaries. My survival chances are very good, but there is a good chance for local re-occurrence which can be dealt with by radiation.

I was a bit upset upon learning the extent of my cancer. Yes, I did cry a bit. That was my first reaction. But, I am a Christian. I had a good talk with God. He let me know that He loved me and that I had nothing to worry about because He would always be with me. He reminded me of other difficult situations I've been in and how He was there during those times.

Now I have an attitude of gratefulness. I've recovered from the surgery remarkedly well. I had enough time saved up to spend a month recovering. Because of the generosity of my bosses the insurance has paid off a good portion of the costs. A lot friends and neighbors have offered me help if I needed it. I have found that I have a very rich life.

No comments: