Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fayetteville, Impact Fee Vote

Wow! This is one election in which every vote is important. The impact fee ordinance was approved Tuesday, 2,015 to 2,014. This is unofficial since there maybe some overseas ballots that might show up. I had a hard time making a decision on this issue. I was a bit concerned that the fee schedule didn't have enough tiering, so that less expensive houses would pay less. I also knew that if this didn't pass they'd be raising property taxes, which I definitely don't want to pay. What made me decide to vote for the impact fee was the Citizens 4 Fayetteville, which opposed the fees. I didn't appreciate their dishonest and deceptive advertising about the impact fee. I also didn't like the fact that they raised $40,000 to fight the fee. If these developers are raising so much money on this little election they aren't really hurting for money, are they?

No comments: